12-3-30 Workout: Burn Calories and Boost Your Mood with this Simple Routine
By incorporating this workout into your routine and following the tips outlined in this article, you can achieve your fitness goals and live a healthier, happier life.
If you're looking for a simple, effective workout to help you burn calories and boost your mood, the 12-3-30 workout might be just what you need. This workout was created by social media influencer Lauren Giraldo, and it has become a popular option for those looking to get fit without spending hours at the gym. In this article, we'll explore what the 12-3-30 workout is, how it works, and the benefits it can offer.
The 12-3-30 Workout Routine: Burn Calories and Boost Your Mood with this Simple Routine
What is the 12-3-30 Workout?
The 12-3-30 workout is a cardio-based workout that involves walking on an incline for 30 minutes at a speed of 3 mph and a 12% incline. The workout is designed to be low-impact, making it a great option for those who want to get fit without putting too much strain on their joints. The workout is also relatively short, making it easy to fit into a busy schedule.
How does the 12-3-30 Workout work?
The 12-3-30 workout works by using incline walking to raise your heart rate and burn calories. By walking on an incline, you're able to burn more calories than you would by walking on a flat surface. Additionally, walking at a speed of 3 mph is enough to get your heart rate up, but not so fast that you'll feel out of breath. This makes the workout manageable for most people, even if they're not in great shape.
Benefits of the 12-3-30 Workout
There are many benefits to the 12-3-30 workout. Here are some of the most notable:
- Burns calories: Walking on an incline is a great way to burn calories. In fact, you can burn up to 300 calories in just 30 minutes with the 12-3-30 workout.
- Low-impact: The 12-3-30 workout is low-impact, meaning it puts less stress on your joints than other types of cardio workouts. This makes it a great option for those who may be dealing with joint pain or injuries.
- Boosts mood: Exercise is known to release endorphins, which can help boost your mood and reduce feelings of stress and anxiety. The 12-3-30 workout is no exception, and many people report feeling more energized and positive after completing the workout.
- Time-efficient: One of the biggest benefits of the 12-3-30 workout is that it's relatively short. With just 30 minutes of incline walking, you can get a great workout in without spending hours at the gym.
Tips for Getting the Most out of the 12-3-30 Workout
If you're interested in trying the 12-3-30 workout, here are some tips to help you get the most out of your workout:
- Wear comfortable shoes: Since the 12-3-30 workout involves a lot of walking, it's important to wear comfortable, supportive shoes. Look for shoes that are specifically designed for walking or running.
- Start slow: If you're new to exercise, it's important to start slow and gradually work your way up to the 12-3-30 workout. Start with a lower incline and a slower speed, and gradually increase as you get more comfortable.
- Use good posture: When walking on an incline, it's important to use good posture to avoid putting strain on your back and neck. Keep your shoulders relaxed and your back straight.
- Stay hydrated: Even though the 12-3-30 workout is relatively low-impact, you'll still be sweating and burning calories. Make sure to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water before, during, and after your workout. Dehydration can lead to fatigue, dizziness, and other unpleasant side effects.
- Track your progress: Keep track of your progress by logging your workouts in a journal or using a fitness tracking app. This will help you see how far you've come and give you the motivation to keep going.
- Mix it up: While the 12-3-30 workout can be a great addition to your fitness routine, it's important to mix it up and try new exercises to keep your body challenged and avoid plateauing. You can incorporate other low-impact exercises, such as yoga or Pilates, to supplement your 12-3-30 workouts.
- Incorporate strength training: While the 12-3-30 workout is great for burning calories and improving cardiovascular health, it doesn't incorporate strength training. It's important to include some form of strength training in your fitness routine to build muscle, improve bone density, and increase metabolism.
You can incorporate strength training exercises, such as weight lifting or resistance band workouts, into your routine a few times a week. Read our guide on strength training with free weights for women below.
The 12-3-30 Workout Routine in a Nutshell
The 12-3-30 workout is a great option for anyone looking to burn calories, boost their mood, and improve their overall health and fitness. With its low-impact nature and easy-to-follow format, it's accessible to people of all fitness levels. By incorporating this workout into your routine and following the tips outlined in this article, you can achieve your fitness goals and live a healthier, happier life.