It's Manchester City vs Inter Milan for the UEFA Champions League 2022-23 Final After Man City Beat Real Madrid in the Semifinals
Manchester City did not pull any punches as they went on to hammer Real Madrid 4-0 in the UEFA Champions League Semifinals second leg.
It's Manchester City vs Inter Milan for the UEFA Champions League 2022-23 Final after Manchester City beat Real Madrid in the Semifinals. Man City were, by far, the better team in their second-leg match against Real Madrid, sealing an opportunity to face Inter Milan in the UCL Final. Here's all the action.
Manchester City Hammer Real Madrid to Qualify for the UEFA Champions League 2022-23 Final
Manchester City did not pull any punches as they went on to hammer Real Madrid 4-0 in the UEFA Champions League Semifinals second leg. City were by far the better team and started the game on a high. Thibaut Courtois was phenomenal for Real Madrid, however, and kept away more than 3 fantastic strikes with his impressive saves. He remains one of the best (if not the best keeper) in Europe.
The final is set ✅#UCLFinal pic.twitter.com/LBhHRu7j61— UEFA Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) May 17, 2023
By the 25th minute, Man City had an average possession of 78% leaving only 22% for Real Madrid who barely touched the ball in the first half.
Brace for Bernardo Silva as City Hammer Real Madrid in the UCL Semifinal
This possession won Manchester City the chance to score which Bernardo Silva was keen to take advantage of. Silva scored a brace, opening with his first goal in the 23rd minute.
He later came on to head in his second, after the ball ricocheted after a Ilkay Gundogan strike.
Pure passion! 💙— Manchester City (@ManCity) May 17, 2023
🔵 2-0 ⚫️ #ManCity pic.twitter.com/rKfLsxEeM2
First Man City Goal for Akanji in the UCL Semifinal
Akanji also got the opportunity to score his first goal, picking an opportune moment in the UCL Semifinal second leg. Akanji's goal was a wonder goal as he barely touched the ball and it bounced off Eder Militao and went into the net. Nevertheless, the goal is a hugely important goal as it helped secure a spot in the UCL Final.
#UCL FINALISTS! 💙 pic.twitter.com/UzAjYB63xN— Manchester City (@ManCity) May 17, 2023
Julian Alvarez came on to score City's fourth goal in the 90th minute. The game ended 4-0, with City qualifying for the final on a 5-1 aggregate lead. Haaland didn't manage to score, however, despite a few shots on target.